We believe that we all remember our first day of school, when we saw ourselves alone for the first time. This is certainly the most important moment in our lives, as it marks the moment when we begin our journey as an independent individual. Our parents surely must have worried like you, but the first day passed, then the second and now we are here.
WHEN SHOULD I PLACE MY CHILD AT SCHOOL?The first thing to do to put a child in a school is that all family members must agree to that decision. It is very important to pass security to the child in this decision, they are very sensitive and if they realize that you are not safe they will also be insecure.
RIGHT AGE TO START AT SCHOOL
There is no age for the beginning of schooling for children. But as educators we can say with certainty that the sooner this process starts, the better the results, greatly accelerating their development.Children over 2 who have never been to school are sure to resist change and this process will be much more difficult for everyone involved.
WHICH SCHOOL SHOULD I CHOOSE?
The first point to note is the location of my home and the schools we have around us. We do not advise choosing schools too far from your region, you will certainly have problems with delays making this activity another hassle factor. The second factor to consider is what kind of service will be offered to my child and what attributes the family consider the most important.There are 2 types of schools to watch:
SPECIALIZED SCHOOLS IN CHILDREN EDUCATION.
In general they are smaller schools that have their structure all adapted and designed for the care of small children. In this type of school children are treated individually and the main concern is with the development (through play) and well being. The didactic content is used as support.
INTEGRATED SCHOOLS (kindergarten to 2nd grade)
In general, these schools are designed to meet the needs of students in general (the student has to adapt to the school), the student is part of the group. They are focused on reinforcing didactic content.
The purpose of the school is for the student to complete his or her entire cycle within his or her institution without the need for change.
These schools do not accept children who wear diapers.
WHAT SHOULD I CHECK?
– If the school has authorization for the operation of the city hall and education nucleus of its neighborhood.
– If the school has a license of the fire department and if its fire extinguishers are within the validity.
– If the school has secure facilities (handrails, stair gates, non-cushioned parks, exposed bins and unprotected wiring).
– If park has toys homologated.
– Whether the school offers thermal control and ventilation in all its environments.
– If your deification and cleaning of water tanks are within the validity.
– If the employees who work directly with the children have their own qualification to act with the education of children.
– Observe during your visit the children who are already in school (conditions of hygiene, dress and humor)
– Analyze what is offered in school that include the children’s snack in the amount of the monthly fee, as this menu may not please your child and he will not have the option to choose.
– Check if it is possible to send the food (lunch / dinner) from home, by choice (vegetarian / allergy).
HOW TO BEGIN?
Solved the previous issues it is time to think about the child’s adaptation.
Ideally we should introduce the child to the school with short periods (1 hour minimum) and continued (for 1 week). This period will be used for the child to become accustomed to everything that will be around them, teachers, other children, new environments, noise. And to guide and clear the doubts of the family in this transition.
This process should be a partnership between the school and the family and should be a relationship of trust between the parts, so it is important that whenever there is any doubt, seek clarification from the school.
Talk to the children, explain what will happen and why. Do not lie to the child, explain that he/she will stay in school to play with his/her friends, take his/her snack and learn, and that Daddy / Mommy will pick him/her up at the end of the class.
Try not to be late to get the child, because he/she will see the little friends going away and may feel abandoned.
When you arrive encourage the children, showing that his/her day was cool and that he/she will come back tomorrow to play again.
FOLLOWING THESE STEPS, 30 YEARS FROM NOW YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE HERE ON THIS SITE READING IT AND SMILING.
School Playing and Learning